Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Back to work!

I returned to work yesterday after having had my surgery last week.  The kiddos were glad to see me, and I was glad to be back at work.  What I wasn't happy about was the amount of kiddos who were coughing and sneezing all over the place!  Today, I had 5 kiddos out and I sent one home with a fever!  Unfortunately, the flu is running rampant around the country!  It's a very scary thought!  I am a HUGE germaphobe, so I am sure to clean my classroom every. single. day.  After the kiddos leave, I wipe down all of the tables with Lysol wipes.  I also wipe down my desk, our work area and any other surfaces that get used through out the day.  I also spray each student's chair with Lysol, as well as the scissors, glue stick and dry erase markers.  I know, I'm crazy, right?!  During the day I try to crack one of the window open to get some fresh air into the room as going outside in these temps isn't always possible.
  So, all of this got me to thinking today.  Beside reminding the Kinders to cough/sneeze into their elbow, use a tissue and wash their hands, what else can I do?  I know most of my kiddos don't get the rest that they need and they don't eat as well as they should, so I figured I'd search for a little sheet to color and send home about staying healthy.  But, I couldn't find any!  I did, however, make my own.  Here it is:
I am going to have the students write: sleeve sneeze, wash hands, get rest, eat healthy.  So, that was my day/night.  How was yours?
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Glad your surgery went okay. Take care of your self. Don't let all the snotty noses make you sick!I found your blog on my blog! Thanks for checking me out! I love the worksheet that you came up with yourself, it is so hard to teach little ones about germs.

    ReplyDelete