I just found out that I was nominated for the Liebster Award! I am very new to blogging so this was something I hadn't heard of yet! The award is given to new bloggers with 200 followers or less and I think that's great! I was nominated by Rae at Mindful Rambles; thank you so much! Her blog is wonderful and she has some great activities on her TpT page!
Ok, here is how this works:
And the rules are:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself
2. Answer the questions the nominator set for you
3. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them to your post.
5. Leave a comment on this post if you were nominated so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate
My 11 randoms:
1. I was born, raised and still live in the same town; that's 29 years!
2. I live in New England and I do not like seafood.
3. I've wanted to be a teacher ever since I was a little girl.
4. Despite number 3 I chose Social Work as my major when I entered college.
5. Number 4 wasn't what I wanted, so, I have my BS in Psychology and am currently working toward my MA in Elementary Education.
6. I have a strangely, vivid photographic memory and it's scary how well it works somtimes!
7. I participated in Disney's Magical Music Days when I was in the high school colorguard. Awesome memory!
8. I am only two days younger than my husband and four days younger than my best friend!
9. I love, love, love to cruise. It's my preferred method of travel.
10. My daughter is my mini-me. She's a spitting image!
11. I'll be celebrating 7 years married in July; oh my!
1. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
I'd love to be able to travel at the speed of light. I don't like to fly, so this would be a great alternative!
2. If you weren't a teacher/educator/your current occupation, what would you be?
I honestly cannot see myself doing anything else! But, if I really have to choose, I'd say I'd be a travel agent.
3. You had to choose: sense of smell or sense of taste.
Taste...There are plenty of things out there that I'd love to avoid smelling!
4. What is your favorite genre of book?
This is a hard one. I don't have much time to read books anymore...I'm just going to go with a real broad answer like, fiction!
5. What is your favorite genre of music?
Oooo, another tough one! I appreciate lots of different genres. I'm usually drawn to Pop, Hip-Hop and Oldies.
6. If you could visit any place in the world, and money was no object, where would it be?
I'd love to take this sailing: 18-Night Transpacific Cruise.
7. What was your favorite subject in school? What was your least favorite?
Psychology was my favorite. Math is my least favorite.
8. What is one way that you do to ensure a healthy lifestyle?
I don't smoke and I try to avoid it at all costs! I also try to drink lots and lots of water!
9. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
7 or 8.
10. What is your favorite drink, alcoholic or not?
Alcoholic: Strawberry Daquiri, Non-Alcoholic: Lemonade
11. Do you have any hidden talents? If so, what?
This may not be hidden and it may not be too great but my husband is amazed by my ability to solve scrambled word puzzles so very quickly. He says the way my mind works is "strange". lol
Now, for my nominations:
1. 2 Preschool Pals
2. Mrs. Jones Kindergarten
3. Mrs. Jones' Junction
4. Carrberry Creations
5. Cindy's Curriculum Corner
6. Club Kindergarten
7. ...and they all fall down...
8. Teaching is a Gift
9. There's a Party in the Art Room
10. The Tennesee Teacher
11. Kinderbear Blogger
Make sure you check out these great blogs! They all have a lot to offer fellow educators :)
For my nominees -- My questions:
1. What is your current favorite article of clothing?
2. What is your dream car (obviously, money is not an object)?
3. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
4. What is your most memorable teaching moment?
5. What is your favorite lesson or topic to teach?
6. Do you prefer to read books or magazines?
7. What made you want to get into blogging?
8. What was your most favorite vacation that you ever took?
9. What is your favorite pizza topping?
10. Why did you decide to become an educator?
11. What is your favorite holiday?
To my nominee's copy and paste my instructions and questions into your blog and then nominate another 11 bloggers out there! Make sure you come and leave a comment here so I can go and read your responses! Happy blogging!