Saturday, August 17, 2013

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!

I got my call!  I got my call!  I got my call!

Sorry, I had to let it out!

For those of you that do not know, I do not have professional status in my district yet, even though I should. This will be considered as my third full year though it is my fourth year teaching.  Anywho, yesterday morning I was riding in the car with the hubby and my phone rang.  I normally don't like to answer the phone when I don't recognize the number but I instinctively pushed the answer button.  It was like I knew.  A very nice lady from HR was on the other end and she told me I had been recommended for a position at my school and asked if I wanted to accept it. 

I of course said, "YES!".  Hubby instantly knew it was THE. CALL. so he was silently clapping and bouncing up and down in his seat.  As soon as I hung up the phone we both screamed!  WOOHOO!  Such a big sigh of relief. 

This is even more exciting because I am moving rooms!  For the last two years I had been stuck in a teeny tiny room that used to be used as an OT room.  One of the benefits of that room was the A/C, but, I'm not going to miss being cramped up!  The new room that I am moving into is right next door to one of my best friends!  She took me under her wing when I first came to this school and we have grown really close.  I cannot wait to be able to team teach with her! 

My mind has been swirling since I got the phone call.  How will I set up the room?  Have the moved my furniture in yet?  Where do I start?!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  On Monday I am going to head in and take some pictures of the room and see where everything is at.  I really hope the custodians moved my furniture for me!  I will write another post Monday evening with my findings!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment