Saturday, June 29, 2013

July Currently!

How in the heck is it July already?!  Well, it isn't technically, but it's going to be here.  SOON.  I am super excited that Farley posted the Currently early.  I've been wanting something to post, so, here goes!

Listening:  All that I can hear right now is the A/C until humming.  It is wonderful.  No TV, no screaming child, no lumbering husband, no nothing!  I needed a bit of piece and quiet.  I feel like I was wound up way too tightly today.

Loving:  Today was really technically my first day of Summer Vacation!  I had a two day training that followed the last day of school.  So, I am officially on vacation!  Woot!

Thinking:  Yeah, I know.  I've just barely put this past year to rest and I am thinking about next year.  Although I have been given a huge hint that I am going to remain in the same grade/school, I can't help but wonder if things will change.  I will not get my official notice until the end of August.  Bummer!  My colleagues and I have been discussing doing a rainforest theme this year, so, I have been researching all kinds of things for that topic.  From books to decor to items on TpT...You name it; I've searched it.

Wanting:  Ugh, of course, as soon as vacation starts the weather turns yucky.  It's been nothing but rainy, cloudy, humid and stormy.  I want beach weather!  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Needing:  There are a lot of changes going on in our district and some in our school as well.  I have been finding that I may be in a different room next year.  The planner in me needs to know. Like now.  I am so "Type A".

Tip:  Pace yourself.  I am still a budding blogger and I am often overwhelmed by the awesomeness of other teacher blogs out there.  I want to be just like them.  But, I must remind myself that Rome was not built in a day and that I have a life to live outside of blogging.  I wish I had more time to put toward creating TpT products and making my blog awesomesauce, but, I don't and I need to get over it.  So, if you are new at blogging; pace yourself.  It will always be a work in progress and it should always be fun!

HAPPY SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hope you find out soon where you will be...like you, that would drive me CRAZY! We have already been out of school for a month, but we go back in less than 4 weeks (July 25 for me, Aug 1 for the kids)! Enjoy you vacation and your down time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! That would drive me crazy not to know where I was going to teach until August. Also, good advice. It is hard not to compare ourselves to the BIG bloggers out there. I'm try to take it day by day :)
    Sara
    Polka Dot Kinders

    ReplyDelete