Sunday, January 19, 2014

Happy MLK Jr. Day!

Happy MLK Jr. Day!  My Kinders and I have been working on our special project.  I finally got to hang it in the hall the other day.  Here it is:

 Here is a closer look:



The heads and bodies are from The Mailbox Magazine.  I made the hair for myself and all of the students.  The students colored their faces and their shirts.  This is the second year I have done this project and I absolutely love it!  The two outer posters came in a pack that I just bought at Target in the Dollar Zone section.  The MLK portrait is a coloring sheet that I enlarged and had colored.  We have spent quite a bit of time talking about being fair and being accepting of everyone.  We also discussed how we are all different and that it is a wonderful thing!  What have you done to teach the legacy of MLK Jr.?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment