Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

I am linking up with Farley on time this month!  WOOHOO!  So, without further ado:

Listening:  My daughter is currently watching episodes of Super Mario World on YouTube.  This kid is obsessed with Mario.  It may or may not have something to do with the new Wii my Mother bought.

Loving:  I know today is just another day, but, there is something so fresh feeling about a "new year".  Also, I am weird and I favor even numbers, so I am happy that this year is an even number.  Yep, I'm weird like that!

Thinking:  We are supposed to be getting a pretty big snow storm.  We are expected to get 6-12" of snow by Friday evening.  They are saying it is going to start snowing tomorrow.  I am really hoping that our Superintendent just cancel school for tomorrow and Friday.  It was silly to make us return to school for two days this week!

Wanting:  I really, really, want these snow days.  As much as I want to get out of school earlier in the Summer, I'd like to spend more time with my family.  My daughter was sick for days after Christmas and she is only starting to feel better!

Needing:  My hubby now has the cold and I need him to feel better.  We have things to do today to prep for the storm!

Memory:  We were blessed to have our family and friends here at our house on Christmas Eve.  I love having everyone together; it does not happen nearly enough!

I wish you all a happy, healthy and blessed new year!  Now, go link up!
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think the year round school people have it made with their breaks all spread apart. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your snow days. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We ended up having school today, but, there is no school tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. I hope you get your snow storm, so you get more family time. I love the fact that your little one loves Mario! I remember that phase in the 80s. It's funny how with all the new technology and toys how some things never change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We did have school today! :( I love Mario and it's so funny to see her love him too!

      Delete
  3. Oh man, I don't know what I would do if I had to return to work tomorrow. Wait, yes I do! We had to do it a few years back when New Years landed on a Sunday. It's still kinda terrible though! Hopefully your Superintendent will cancel because of the impending snow.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( We had school today, but, school is cancelled tomorrow!

      Delete